I passed my TSI and couldn’t have done it without this site! Thank y’all so much! Everything was very helpful since I haven’t been in high school since 2013 so most of it was like learning it for the first time and was so easy to understand! Thank y’all!
21:28 28 May 21
What is TSIA2?
The TSIA2, or Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0, is the updated version of the original TSI Assessment. This test consists of placement assessments for students who plan to attend a Texas public university or college. The exams are administered in Mathematics and English Language Arts and Reading (ELAR), and institutions use the results to help determine whether a student is ready for study at the college level.
What is the difference between the TSI test and the new TSIA2?
The most notable difference is that the TSI test consisted of three exams (Reading, Writing, and Math), and the new TSIA2 uses only two (ELAR and Math). In the new version of the test, Reading and Writing assessments have been combined into one ELAR assessment. The TSIA2 exams are also scored differently, with a new range of college readiness benchmark levels.
What math should I review for the TSIA2?
The items to review for the TSIA2 math test fall into four main categories: Quantitative Reasoning, Algebraic Reasoning, Geometric and Spatial Reasoning, and Probabilistic and Statistical Reasoning. Within these categories, your tutoring should cover the following topics.
- Compare rational and irrational numbers
- Solve problems with ratio, proportion, and percent
- Solve proportional relationship problems
- Identify, manipulate, and interpret linear equations, inequalities, and expressions
- Solve linear equations, inequalities, and systems of linear equations
- Evaluate linear functions
- Solve quadratic and exponential relationship problems
- Identify and manipulate quadratic, polynomial, exponential, rational, and radical equations and expressions
- Solve equations and evaluate functions (quadratic, polynomial, exponential, rational, and radical)
- Convert units within (and between) systems of measurement
- Find perimeter, area, surface area, and volume
- Use transformations to investigate congruence, similarity, and symmetry
- Apply right triangle relationships and basic trigonometry
- Make connections between geometry and algebraic equations
- Compute and interpret probability
- Compute and describe measures of center and spread of data
- Classify data and construct appropriate representations of data
- Analyze, interpret, and draw conclusions from data
Can I retake the TSIA2 math test?
You can retake the TSIA2 at any time if you would like to improve your scores. However, it’s best to study before you take the test the first time so that you can avoid having to retake it. An online program with efficient TSIA2 math tutoring and practice is the best way to get the help you need to pass the test.
How do I know if I am exempt from taking the TSIA2 test?
Students may be exempt from taking the TSIA2 test with qualifying scores on the following exams.
- ACT composite score of 23 with at least 19 in Math or 19 in English
- SAT (after 2016) 530 Mathematics or 480 Evidenced Based Reading and Writing
- SAT (before 2016) composite score 1070 and 500 Math or 500 Verbal
- STAAR scores in English II and Algebra II may be used but the scores are still to be determined so check with the Admissions Office at your college
- PSAT/NMSQT (taken after 10/2015) 510 Math or 460 English
- PSAT/NMSQT (taken before 10/2015) composite score of 107 and 50 Math or 50 English
- You may also be exempt if you are a veteran or if you are enrolling in certificate level programs. Contact the Admissions Office at your college to be certain.
If you do not meet any of the criteria above, you’ll need to prepare thoroughly for the test. A study guide that features diagnostic quizzes, comprehensive lessons, guided review, and a TSIA2 practice test may be just what you need to hone your skills.
How do I find a tutor for the TSIA2?
Your college may be able to recommend a tutor. However, much more affordable options for TSIA2 test prep are available online.