Below is our online PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects Math test prep course. We provide the exact tutoring and practice tests you need to ace the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects Math 5511 test.
What kind of math is on the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects test?
The math questions on the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects test cover the following courses: Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Geometry. Make sure your math review only includes the topics that are covered on the test - nothing more and nothing less. The best PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects test prep programs won’t waste your time on material you don’t need.
How do you pass the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math test?
If you’re worried about how to pass the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math 5511 test, here are some tips to help you meet the challenge.
- Manage test anxiety. Get plenty of rest and exercise while preparing for the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects test. Learn some relaxation techniques that work for you, and don’t forget to eat and drink on exam day.
- Be ready for the exam. We recommend at least 1 to 3 months of PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math review beforehand. Knowing you can do the math will give you great confidence on exam day.
- Avoid doing problems in your head. Instead, write out the solution steps using pencil and paper. The best PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math prep courses will include guided solutions that show all the work in an organized manner, providing a model to follow when setting up and solving math problems.
- Read the questions carefully. It’s also a good idea to draw pictures and highlight keywords if allowed. Finally, don’t forget to use the calculator if it’s available. It would be a shame to give wrong answers due to minor arithmetic errors.
- Don’t stress if you can’t answer a question. Go through the problems in order, but skip the ones that seem difficult and go back to them later (if this is allowed). As you answer the easier questions, you’ll gain the confidence you need to tackle the harder problems. For multiple choice questions, don’t be fooled by distractors, and remember to substitute answer choices as a strategy for solving the more difficult problems.
- Use all of the time allowed for the test. If you finish, go back and rework the problems, but don’t change an answer unless you’re certain there’s an error (if this is allowed).
Is the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math test hard?
The math on the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects test won’t seem hard if you’re thoroughly prepared and confident on test day. To be sure you can rely on your skills, you’ll need more preparation than a dry textbook or practice problems without explanations can provide. To make your review worthwhile, build a strong math foundation by using a PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects prep course that includes engaging video lessons that are clear and concise, followed by guided practice problems with audio explanations, and short interactive assessments to measure your understanding.
How do I prepare for the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math test?
The best way to prepare for the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math test is to follow the steps listed below.
- Gather information about the PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects by visiting the official test website. Learn about the structure of the exam, when and where it’s administered, and how to register for it.
- Find a quiet place to practice each day. If possible, find a study partner as well.
- Make a schedule for daily study time. Commit to spending at least one to two hours per day on PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math prep. Be sure to take short breaks.
- Get math help in the form of a PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects test prep program. A good math review will include built-in background review, video instruction in every lesson, plenty of practice, interactive tests to keep you engaged, and grade reports to monitor your progress.
- Understand the concepts that are covered on the 5511 test. Choose an efficient PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math test prep course that uses diagnostic quizzes to focus your learning on the exact skills you’ll need.
- Take a PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math practice test. The best way to judge your readiness is by finishing off your PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math study guide with a cumulative final exam that generates new questions each time you take it.
Is PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects tutoring worth it?
Tutoring can make a big difference in your 5511 test score, so it’s worth it if you can afford the high price. However, the hourly cost for a PRAXIS Fundamental Subjects math tutor runs from $40 to $100 or more, which is out of reach for most students. Fortunately, there are other ways to get the math help you need besides expensive private tutorials. For example, online courses that feature comprehensive instruction and guided practice questions can be just as effective and won’t break the bank.